Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Re: The e glè èasgaidh gu d aoine a ch uideachadh.

Steaphan MacRisnidh <[log in to unmask]>

Scottish Gaelic Language beginners forum <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:10:39 +0000

Well, as a Gaelic learner, none of this pronunciation
terminology phonetic stuff would have helped me in the
beginning. Adults can learn pronunciation exactly the
same way as children, by listening and then copying.

And quite frankly, Gaelic learners will and can learn
the dialects, and variations..as their level improves,
they can then pick whichever dialect's pronunciation
they prefer, whether that be subconsciously or not.

Your comment about learning ALL the dialects is
erroneous, but they can certainly learn to recognise
the different pronunciations, whether or not they use
them all...well, variety is the spice of life.

--- Michael Bauer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> >How exactly does all this linguistic chat help
> >learners learn Gaelic? Some of it's interesting,
> but
> >whatever happened to the "listen and repeat"
> >philosophy?
>
> We've been here before, it's not enough for adults
> to do that, we don't
> learn languages like children do anymore as adults,

Am fear a loisgeas a mhs, `s e fhin a dh`fheumas suidh` air.

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/