Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Bha Iomhar ag iarraidh orm a dhol a chèilidh air.
From: Simon Fitton-Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:59:16 +0000

A chŕirdean,

This is from TYG:

Bha Iomhar ag iarraidh orm a dhol a chčilidh air. (p. 198)

Please, what does it mean? I'm confused by 2 things – first of all,
“iarraidh” – how can I tell if it means “want” or “invite”, and also the
last two words “chčilidh air” – “ceilidh on” seems a bit odd…

All the best,

Simon

Tell MSN about your most memorable emails!  http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/