Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Ceist eile agam....cúpla, ar scor ar bith
From: Pamela O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:19:18 +1000

> the book of deer...
> agus faoi dheireadh, would it be "leabhar na déar" ??
> (maybe this 'deer' is too far off-topic?? 'gaelic'...middle irish?  if so,
> please redirect me if possible)
'S a' Ghàidhlig, "Leabhar Dhaoir", tha mi a smaoineachadh.

It's a Latin gospel book, so if you're interested in the Gaelic text you're
looking at later marginalia (I think 12th-century and therefore definitely
post-Old Irish), which should bear little or no relationship to the
illustrations, which accompanied the gospel text.