Subject: Re: ... experimenting with original considerations (Maori mormaers)
From: Doug Weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Oct 2006 06:13:38 +0100

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 11:49:59 PM, Melcir wrote:

> thout being locked into your own former scholarly training and
> established ruts in which you are comfortable.  Let go of the fixity
> of such thinking and genuinely explore beyond your safety zones ...
> Let the realm of true 'educare' draw you out of your hermitage caverns.

Ah yes, let's ignore that pesky evidence.

> Was there a time on Earth when wood was totally scarce? Or was there
> some preferment in creating with stone? Eg. Keeping dinosaurs out of a safe-zone

And away we go. Our ancestors having to struggle to keep the dinosaurs from eating them.  I do feel sorry for them.

How do you have a discussion with someone who thinks that there may have been a time in the not so recent past when wood was totally scarce and that there were dinosaurs hunting our ancestors?
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at
Doug and Helen's Dogs:
Doug's Archaeology Site: