Subject: Re: ... experimenting with original considerations (Maori mormaers)
From: Doug Weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 4 Oct 2006 06:13:38 +0100

Hi CELTIC-L,

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 11:49:59 PM, Melcir wrote:

> thout being locked into your own former scholarly training and
> established ruts in which you are comfortable.  Let go of the fixity
> of such thinking and genuinely explore beyond your safety zones ...
> Let the realm of true 'educare' draw you out of your hermitage caverns.

Ah yes, let's ignore that pesky evidence.

> Was there a time on Earth when wood was totally scarce? Or was there
> some preferment in creating with stone? Eg. Keeping dinosaurs out of a safe-zone

And away we go. Our ancestors having to struggle to keep the dinosaurs from eating them.  I do feel sorry for them.

How do you have a discussion with someone who thinks that there may have been a time in the not so recent past when wood was totally scarce and that there were dinosaurs hunting our ancestors?
--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com