Re: Maori mormaers

Doug Weller <[log in to unmask]>

CELTIC-L - The Celtic Culture List.

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:21:53 +0100

Hi CELTIC-L,

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 3:55:39 AM, John Welch wrote:

John Welch has spent a good part of the last year posting this sort of thing everywhere he could find.

I presume the quotes below are not by him. But the bit about Angkor Wat, built long after the heyday of the Greeks and the Celtic speaking peoples, is.

He discussed these ideas at http://tinyurl.com/hp8gd, an MSN group on Celtic Origins. A moderator closed the thread, saying "there is no point in continuing this discussion. We're going around and around and accomplishing nothing."

> "Other important languages in the area include Japanese, Chinese,
> Korean and Vietnamese in the western Pacific, and Arabic and
> Sanskrit-derived languages in the South Pacific. Told in Names:
> Chamoru Names From Early 18th Century Guam.
> I. Names of the Sea
> When I teach my geology classes at the University of Guam, I
> like to ask my students why " (end quote).
>

> "Facts do matter, as do historical and cultural realities
> (sorry for those of you who seem interested in making odd
> and seemingly impossible connections between Polynesian
> peoples and Celtic folks " (end quote).
> The Sanskrit powerhouses were Angkor Wat and Champa, and the
> latter had a navy which raided China's ports. Greek-style
> shrines and Greek and Persian soldiers are carved at Angkor,
> built by Brahmin rulers from Scythian Greek Punjab.Scythians
> and Celts had a common mythic ancestor, the Echidna viper-
> woman, as recorded by Diodorus and Herodotus.
> chimera

Doug Weller Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Director and Moderator The Hall of Ma'at http://www.thehallofmaat.com
Doug and Helen's Dogs: http://www.dougandhelen.com