Subject: Re: For Stacey; celtic triple goddess paradigm
From: "vickicohen.shaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:18:54 -0500

Could be, but then from whence would the Jungians have got the idea of these archetyps...that is off topic, so we shouldn't even go there, but I am curious about one thing.  Do you think the tourist bureau of the Isle of Lewis in Scotland or whoever prints the pamphlets one picks up...do you think they are pandering to the New Agers when, in reference to a hill with a secondary circle of stone [secondary to the great Standing Circle of Calanais], they say the four large stones represent the Triple Goddess of Celtic mythology and the lord (together with his ladies)???  DOnt know if I articulated this well or not, but I did go to that hill to see that circle and it was quite magical up there what with high winds and a darkening sky to lend a mysterious atmosphere and wonderful ambiance for communing with the ancients.....I can almost hear some of you sniggering.  That's ok I dont mind.  But truly, do you think those tourist pamphlets are all just propaganda to attract tourists of the pagan persuasion?

Vicki

>From: "Thomas G. Mungall, III" <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: 2006/10/05 Thu PM 01:00:08 CDT
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: For Stacey; celtic triple goddess paradigm

>This all sounds more Jungian archetype theory than Celtic. Tom Mungall
>Baton Rouge, La, USA
>  ----- Original Message -----   From:  Charles   DeVane
>  Let's not oversteer one direction or another. The Celts of Ireland   certainly had hag, mother and maiden goddesses but they were most definitely   not Wiccan or even Gravesian in triple aspects. Many of the sovereignty myths   have hags turning to maidens who are then married to the king. Most of the   triple godesses aspects are three different faces of teh same quality or a   Land, Sea and Sky division in my experience. More often, one finds a mother   whose child is the offspring of three different fathers.     Searles o'Dubhain  --------------     Original message --------------
>From: "[log in to unmask]"    <[log in to unmask]>
>
>> Hi Vicki,
>>
>> I     was there too once, but like you I also have seen the light. :)
>>
>> Stacey

Man's Love is of man's life a thing apart, 'Tis a woman's whole existence."
Lord Byron

We come spinning out of nothingness scattering stars, the stars form a circle, and in the center we dance.
Rumi

http://www.geocities.com/omygoddess_soaps/