Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Cyanobacteria identification
From: Ana Garcia Murcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:28:45 +0200

I have lots of problems to identificate this algae, can anyone help
me? I think is Anabaena aphanizomenoides, but I'm not sure at all, I
send a photo of this cyanobacteria with heterocyst but usually it
havent's heterocysts at this sample.

The sample is from a reservoir in western Spain, and this
cyanobacteria is very abundant, it is aprox. 4 micres long and 5
micres broad and terminal cell is very conical.

Thanks in advance and best regards.