Ticket Number: HEA-NOC/20060705-4 Ticket Status: UPDATE
Ticket Type: unscheduled Resolver:
Ticket Opened: 20060705 10:57 UTC+1 Problem Start: 20060705 10:38 UTC+1
Ticket Update: 20060706 12:16 UTC+1 Problem End:
Site/line: Liberties VEC
Interface HEAnet-Liberties not operational
No connectivity with Liberties
20060705 10:53 LN
Liberties Serial 3/5 went down at 10:38.
I called Denis at Liberties, no response.
try to contact BT.
20060705 11:04 LN
contacted BT, they are investigating.
their ref. 1-330511926
20060705 11:18 LN
BT called their system creshed (BT), given a new ticket ref 1-330511932
Called BT again, Eircom Engineers working on it remotely.
20060705 16:04 LN
BT called back, there was a power break around the arear in this afternoon
Eircom sees no problem with the circuit.
try to contact Liberties.
20060705 17:05 DL Talk to Denis on phone and try to troubleshoot.
- Router reloaded and boots properly
- Serial transmission indicators (DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up)
- But carrier transitions every 10 seconds
- HDLC keepalives are sent from HEAnet but not bounced back from Liberties
debug serial interface
- HDLC keepalives are received in HEAnet from Liberties
- Could it be that HDLC link is unidirectional?
HEAnet -> Liberties does not work
Liberties -> HEAnet does work
20060706 10:08 DW BT phone to report that their system came back up and
the fault is now logged with Eircom for a line check.
20060706 12:14 LN BT called back, Eircom see no error on that circuit.
This ticket can be monitored at http://www.hea.net/tickets/20060705-4