Subject: Re: quotation marks in italics
From: "Burke, Edward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 May 2006 17:35:04 +0100

I do recall reading this somewhere long ago. Ah, the sands of time. Maybe,
it was best practice rather than a rule per se. I just checked my copy of
'Hart's Rules for Compositors and Readers at the University Press Oxford'.
Must confess that I couldn't find any specific ruling on this issue but
there are numerous examples within the book showing italicised text within
parentheses - but the parentheses are not themselves italicised.

Ed Burke