Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: A Latin translation service
From: Michael Guiry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 May 2006 18:11:43 +0100

ALGAE-L list members,

For years I've offered to translate English descriptions of new
species of algae to Latin.  I still do, but I want to draw your
attention to three changes:

(1) My e-mail address is [log in to unmask]  (It was

(2) I will happily translate Latin documents into English, and I've
    expanded my translations to any field of biology, medicine, or

(3) I have a web site at  Among other items
    there, you'll see I've added the ability to pay by credit card.

(4) After keeping the same rates since I began on the web over 10
    years ago, I've increased the rates I charge.  In my defense, I
    can only say that I work fast, I'm a biologist rather than a
    classicist, have much experience in descriptions of almost all
    algal groups, and am willing to offer advice on small matters at
    no charge.

Mark A. Garland
Scientific Latin Translations
P. O. Box 856