Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Botanicallatin.org: A Latin translation service
From: Michael Guiry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 May 2006 18:11:43 +0100

ALGAE-L list members,

For years I've offered to translate English descriptions of new
species of algae to Latin.  I still do, but I want to draw your
attention to three changes:

(1) My e-mail address is [log in to unmask]  (It was

(2) I will happily translate Latin documents into English, and I've
    expanded my translations to any field of biology, medicine, or
    geology.

(3) I have a web site at http://botanicallatin.org.  Among other items
    there, you'll see I've added the ability to pay by credit card.

(4) After keeping the same rates since I began on the web over 10
    years ago, I've increased the rates I charge.  In my defense, I
    can only say that I work fast, I'm a biologist rather than a
    classicist, have much experience in descriptions of almost all
    algal groups, and am willing to offer advice on small matters at
    no charge.

--
Mark A. Garland
Scientific Latin Translations