Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: B Fingal Rónáin 51-52a
From: "Steven M. Sams" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:25:42 -0500

Dóich dano, or se.  Ni sechbaid duit, or se, ro gabais chomairchi.

Doich = comes?
Dano = then/indeed/moreover
Or = said
Se = he

Then [someone] comes, said he.  ?

Ni = neg.
Sechbaid = sech is past/by...
Duit = to/for you (sing.)
Ro = perf. Particle? Or too much/very
Gabais = took, got, seized (3rd. person)
Chomairchi = looks kind of like the verb to fight/battle

Not [?] for you, he said, he took too much [?].

Maybe someone can help it along?

Steven Sams
Atlanta, GA