Re: La and Shee

Gary Ingle <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:48:54 -0800

Gregg Smith wrote:

>(Odd that three syllables would become two.)

That is not odd. It is certainly not unusual.

and:

>All I've so sought to do is learn, if
>possible, what the root meaning of the words were. I'm just a curious
>searcher, not a scholar.

But you are making claims and assumptions, not just searching; and you
are arguing /against/ the responses of scholars, and crowding the mailing
list with multiple postings. Poor etiquette, at best.

As to the overall assertion that the female genitalia are an important
symbol in world culture from prehistoric time, and that the female element
may represent a force of blessing and protection, well, duh. Of course they
are and it does.

gli