Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: B Fingal Rónaín 17-18 innse
From: Mona Nic Leoid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:32:01 +0100

Die eMail mit dem Betreff \"Re: Re: B Fingal Rónaín / 17-18 innse\"
wurde an Gary Ingle ‹[log in to unmask]› gesendet.Sgrìobh Gary:

> In fact, why not Innsear dhomh-sa / Innsitear domsa for Ad-fiadar

dam-sa?

Yeah well, I was careless with the original and had past tense in
mind.

And actually, in Scottish Gaelic the forms which mark passive with a

verb ending (-ar / -ear / -adh / -eadh) are not commonly used in

conversation, so I would not use them in direct speech in a narrative

either. Maybe more a question of style than of grammar...

Mona