Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Senbecc
From: Patrick Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:04:03 -0000

From: "Dennis King" <[log in to unmask]>

> Hi Patrick,
>
>> I've got it. It goes:
>
> Fáinne óir ort!  BTW, have you done any more with the graphic version?
>
> Dennis

It's coming on - been delayed by the possibility of a book collecting some
of the stories from the website, the current draft of which is nearly
complete, plus of course the usual hazards of real life getting in the way.
It's gone through half a dozen versions, but I've now got a script (24
pages, first episode of a projected nine, so it should come to 216 pages in
total) I'm more or less happy with. I want to do this justice. I've worked
out imaginative reconstructions of Emain Macha and Cruachan that seem to
make sense archaeologically (given a bit of artistic licence), and I now
know what the chariots looked like
 http://www.chariotmaker.co.uk/chariots.htm ). Figuring out what Medb should
look like was tricky, but I think I've got it now. Lug, as the pre-eminent
Irish god of youth, skill and glory, has the face of a young George Best.
Fergus is Sean Connery circa Zardoz.

I've started drawing part 1 - roughs of page 1 can be seen at (using my
dad's webspace as mine seems to have some problems at the moment):

http://www.saintgeorgessingers.co.uk/crc1p1.gif

Cruachan needs fleshed out with more buildings, trees and so on, and that's
an oak grove at bottom left. I know what has to go into part two, and giving
it all some kind of narrative shape is the next challenge. Does the offer of
an Irish translation still stand?

Patrick