Re: To the vector go the spoils

Michael Brady <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:46:20 -0500

On Nov 23, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Alessandro Segalini wrote:

> Mr. Brady, out of curiousity, did you try .pict, 16-bit color depth,
> extension .pct on PC-platform.

No, I didn't. I had to get the file to the client. He has now written
back and said the small file I sent his is 600Kb on his system.

Working like this with Word as the target application of use is very
frustrating, because of these problems. And to answer another remark,
I accepted this job because the client needed the stationery, I know
him personally, and he is part of the 95% of computer-enabled
humanity out there with a Windows machine and very little direct
experience with graphics programs. His 3 decades of publication
experience is in editorial work, not production work, so he knows
many of the domains of skill and craft involved in this kind of work,
but not the day to day nitty-gritty problems, such as those presented
by Microsoft product.

Thanks for your suggestion. This is still a problem for him, so I
will try to solve it.

Michael Brady
www.michaelbradydesign.com