Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Comaithech cach combuasach.
From: Marion Gunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:28:06 +0100

This belongs to the philosophy of near enough is good enough, to which
also belong proverbs such as dirty water is as good as clean when all
you want is to put out a fire.

Scríobh Neil McLeod:
> Dennis wrote:
> >> "Everything of equal value is close enough."
> Or "Something of equal value is the next-best thing". It depends how
> literal you want the translation to be I guess...

Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an
Bhóthair, Co. Átha Cliath, Éire.
* [log in to unmask] * [log in to unmask] *