Subject: Pre-Medieval Irish Literature
From: Doug Weller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:29:00 +0100

Hi,

  Can someone help me with this assertion that a person on another list
  has made? "the documentation isn't ONLY Medieval. That every Scholar
  of History who studied the subject Irish Tales knows more than
  anything else. Some is Medieval but many of them are written from
  older written sources. It's as if the Irish didn't know how to write
  before the Medieval Age started. Some documentation is from Migration
  Age."

  Pre-medieval (by which I mean early Medieval) written sources? What
  are these?

  Thanks

  Doug

--
Doug Weller  Moderator, sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:[log in to unmask]