Subject: Re: Bembo Expert and non-expert designers
From: Gary Munch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:15:10 -0400

>At 11:53 Uhr -0700 12.04.2005, Gunnar Swanson wrote:
>>The tracking looks about right to me and the relative size is good.
>>One can argue about the hanging numerals with caps but it works
>>well.
>>
>>Gunnar
>>

>I do like hanging numerals (and they are more legible), but with
>caps? No. But what's the answer?

Capital-scaled old-style numerals. How bizarre. It'll catch on like
wildfire. Zeros the size of O. Nines the size of Q. Sixes flying up
and over.

No, seriously; normal linings would be fine in this application,
except they seem to be going for that quaint look of old style with
small caps. Lining, small-cap numerals with small caps can look good
or better, too.

Wouldn't you all want a touch more space after the second E in Level,
a bit less after the A in campus, possibly less after the A before M,
and a touch more after the P?

--
Gary Munch
<http://www.munchfonts.com>