Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: The effect of herbivore on algal succession
From: Miss Jaruwan Mayakun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:23:29 +0100

Dear all of you,

My name is Jaruwan Mayakun. I am a second year'of master's degree from
Prince of Songkla University, Southern Thailand.
I am focusing on the effect of herbivory on species composition and algal
succession. Herbivores in this study site are mainly damselfishes and
parrotfishes. The dominant species are Abudefduf spp. and Scarus niger
(Forsskal, 1775). My results shown that there were no the differences in
algal percent cover. I think,this might be a result of resident
herbivorous damselfishes maintain algal communities (Ceccarelli et al.
2001, Hata et al. 2002). Now I am looking for the papers and evidence to
support this rusult.
I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction to any
evidence or paper or studies that have been done on this topic.

Thank you in advance,

Jaruwan Mayakun