Subject: Re: Patrick - where was he from?
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:56:54 GMT

Generally speaking, it's thought that Patrick came from somewhere around the Carlisle area (though this has never been definitively proven).  He most definitely was an Romano-Briton, so he could probably speak Old Welsh which isn't too terribly far from the modern variety.  So if you want to raise a glass to him in Welsh, you'll be just fine...

Best,

Dave

David W. Fortin
Assistant Professor