Subject: Re: Brain Picking
From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:01:57 GMT

Hi Ray,

Thanks for asking--it's going pretty well, though I never seem to be able to get caught up.  I'm doing 2 sections of World Civ to 1500, which I enjoy doing due to its relevence (doing Islam next week and having my kids read The Koran), and 2 sections of Britain and Ireland to 1688.  Just got through the first round of papers for the latter, where I had my kids read Thomas Kinsella's version of the Ta/in--most seemd to get it, but I did hear some whinging about the names.  One student seemed upset about the sexuality, which I found to be rather amusing...

Best,

Dave

David W. Fortin
Assistant Professor
History Department
Millersville University
Millersville, PA  17551

-- Raimund Karl <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Dave,

You're welcome!

BTW, how's life as assistant prof?

All the best,

RAY

Mag.Dr. Raimund KARL (MIFA)
University of Wales Bangor, Dept. of History and Welsh History
Ogwen Building, Siliwen Road, Bangor, Gwynedd LL57 2DG
Email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
Mobile: (+44 7970) 993891
Tel/AM/Fax: (+44 1248) 353138