Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject:Baile Bricín §1.3-4
From: David Stifter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:29:53 +0200

This is the last installment of BaBr for this week. I will be silent
for the next couple of days. Since the following text is rather easy
(well, I think so...), this installment contains two sentences.

ar sin tinic aiggiul 14) in Coimded 15) dia acoldoim iter 16)
midnocht 7 armrgiu. Richis a cind cech 17) meir d, co mba rl 18)
dia rusc an bith 19) 7 conaco imbuidi muinnteri nime 20) immon [n-]
21) altir rchid.

14: E: anggiul

15: E: choimdedh

16: E: accalluim eter

17: E: hi gcinn gach

18: E: compa reild; H: conba

19: an bith (om. E) ["om. E" means that E omits these words]

20: occa (add. E) ["add. E" means that E adds these word, whereas H
has no trace of it]

21: sic E! ["sic E" means that E has this reading, H apparently
doesn't]

David