Re: FontLab problem...

Gary Munch <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:35:50 -0400

>Dear members,
>
>I tried first in the FontLab Forum and nobody
>answered... so here I am bothering here.
>
>When I use the metric assistance it's not possible to
>set properly the spacing of (for example) the acented
>'I' group USING THE MIDDLE LINE MEASUREMENT CHECKBOX.
>This doesn'y work properly and I have to set the widths
>equal and to set the side bearings manually.
>Have anybody had to deal with this bug?
>Any comments?

Alternatively, in the Glyph window (Mac):
Select and then Ctrl-click on the base glyph composite;
Select Copy Metrics from the contextual menu (Yes, all commands
should be available from the main menu bar, but a lot of them aren't).
This will take all sidebearings and advance widths from the original
glyph. For the UC & lc Ii you might want to adjust manually; for the
lc i, the settings for dotlessi will be the source.

You must have the black bounding box on the base glyph to get the
appropriate contextual menu.

--
Gary Munch
<http://www.munchfonts.com>