Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Re: Newbie Question
From: kalle liberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:23:10 +0930

i don't know about you guys BUT........
i don't think it is bad thing necessarily to play a few cents shy of being
in tune.While when everyone is in perfect pitch with each othermay sound
good and professional but is that not  also somewhat sterile? i grew up with
eurovision and euro pop in germany and technically the music is brilliant ,
perfect and well put together but it is somewhat sanitary even the
Volksmusik is spot on and perfect-(ever taken a car to a german
mechanic.?...need i say more...)
when i listen to some of the chieftain's stuff and copies of some of early
78's i've got there appears to my ear someone slightly off note here and
there- but the overall effect is that while everyone is close enough to be
in pitch each instrument generates it's own character and voice and really
make a piece of musiccome alive
just my $0.05 worth
kl