I found the encoding problem!
My initial FTP process wrote out the file with an incorrect number of bytes
(2355) instead of the true number of bytes (2354).
Using a different FTP tool I obtained your file with the correct
size. That got rid of the encoding problem that was never there in your
At 2004-05-31 16:58 -0700, Juan Chu Chow wrote:
>(the japanese characters in element name, 3KB)
So, the above file begins:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
This claims the element types follow XML 1.0 rules, but the code point
0xFF11 is not a valid name character in XML 1.0.
I changed the file to read:
<?xml version="1.1" encoding="UTF-16"?>
And the file parses just fine without errors using Xerces 2.6.2 because
code point 0xFF11 is a valid name character in XML 1.1.
Sorry to have gotten off on a tangent with the encoding problem triggered
by the FTP download.
I hope this helps.
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004
World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group XML/XSL training.
G. Ken Holman mailto:[log in to unmask]
Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/l/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/l/bc
Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal