From: Prashanth B H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:43:01 +0530

Hi

can u plz tell me howto unsubscribe from this list.

Thanks
prashanth

>>> [log in to unmask] 06/01/04 10:32PM >>>
Hi Ken,

Thank you so much for all your effort, they do help immensely!

Sorry for not being able to reply earlier, just got
into my office, pacific time.

I remember reading all the discussion that occurred in the xml-dev list
a while ago about XML 1.1.  So, I'm a bit hesitant to output anything
that is XML 1.1 if there's no need to.

I guess I'll need to somehow control things in the transcoder side, to
avoid things that are legal only in XML 1.1, not sure why the ICU library
<<http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/>> is transcoding the "1" digit to 0xFF11
rather than 0x0031, there probably should be a way to make the transcoder
output digit code-points in the latin-1 range, thank you for pointing me
into this.

I'll read up to see if XML 1.0 is sufficient for handling most CJK characters,
and will also probably allow the option to output XML 1.1 when necessary.

Thanks again!

Juan