Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Re: Need help acquiring a few pacific red algae
From: Nick Osborne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:28:14 +0000

Dear Christopher

I am interested to know how you are investigating the anti-viral properties of
algae.  Is it a clinical trial?  What is the power of your trial and the size
of the effect you are expecting.  Are you working on a power of 0.8 or 0.9?
Do you think 0.05 is fair enough or 0.01 is the best measure.

Nick Osborne

Quoting christopher Scipio <[log in to unmask]>:

> I am a herbalist who specializes in the holistic treatment of viral
> infections and have two clinics.
> I am in need of acquiring/buying some samples of the following algae
> investigate their anti-viral potential.
> I am looking for
> Prionitis lyallii or lancelota
> Neodilsea borealis
> Constantinea subulifera
> Mazzaella splendens
> If you can help me at all please do email.
> regards
> christopher scipio
> "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
> The other is as though everything is a miracle."
>      -- Albert Einstein
> "He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He
> has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would
> suffice."
>   – Albert Einstein

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at