Subject: Re: Scriptorium Newslette Reformulated
From: Curtis Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 11 May 2004 20:43:00 -0700

on 2004-05-11 15:11 Dave Nalle wrote:
> The demo versions are generally
> released before we finalize kerning and spacing - got to leave
> something for people to look forward to if they purchase the font.

I wonder whether this is a good idea; someone might decide on the basis
of a demo that you aren't any good at kerning and spacing. Admittedly, a
lot of your faces are designed for display, and users might be expected
to tweak the setting no matter how good the kerning and spacing were,
but someone evaluating a font for continuous text might very well set
continuous text with a demo, and perhaps find it wanting.

Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/