Subject: Re: non-western XML element names?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 31 May 2004 18:46:06 -0400

At 2004-05-31 14:32 -0700, Juan Chu Chow wrote:
>Thanks for your reply.  I'll try to paste the offending contents:
>
><gml2:???1_text>

My mailer is only seeing question marks.  Do you have the Unicode code
points for those three offending letters?

>I find it a bit strange that those 3 characters would not be supported in
>the element name.  They are basic
>characters whose meaning is the "Japanese language".

And would be accommodated in XML 1.1, but in XML 1.0 there are limitations
on those Unicode code points that are allowed to be in names.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:[log in to unmask]
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/l/
Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/l/bc