Subject: Q for type designers
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:55:50 -0800

As I was redrawing letters, creating ligatures, combining character and
character parts from several fonts, and generally messing around with
the hard work of a couple of typeface designers in the effort to create
corporate wordmarks, I got to wondering how type designers react when
they see their work used as trademarks.

How do you react when your type designs appear--modified or not--as
trademarks? Are there certain sorts of uses that fill you with pride
and others that make you resent the designers who seem to be
appropriating or destroying your hard work?

Gunnar Swanson Design Office
536 South Catalina Street
Ventura, California 93001-3625 USA

+1 805 667 2200