Subject: Q for type designers
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:55:50 -0800

As I was redrawing letters, creating ligatures, combining character and
character parts from several fonts, and generally messing around with
the hard work of a couple of typeface designers in the effort to create
corporate wordmarks, I got to wondering how type designers react when
they see their work used as trademarks.

How do you react when your type designs appear--modified or not--as
trademarks? Are there certain sorts of uses that fill you with pride
and others that make you resent the designers who seem to be
appropriating or destroying your hard work?

Gunnar
----
Gunnar Swanson Design Office
536 South Catalina Street