Subject: Re: Phil Martin
From: Jill Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:25:57 -0800

>My understanding is that 'h' in some Slav languages stands in for 'g' in
>others - for example 'hrad' in Czech v. 'grad' in Slovene and Serbian, so
>perhaps Hrant is really a Grant -- a Scotsman, maybe?

We all know Hrant is really, simply Rant incarnate.

But at least he is on topic, not constantly self-promoting and is
coherent....even if he is awfully feisty and opinionated at times.  I
guess I can just tolerate feisty and opinionated better than I can
...Philisms.

I don't care if anyone defends or votes to keep Phil. I'm not
advocating booting him.

But it's obvious that his posts have turned people away and have
affected the list. I was glad to see that I was not the only one
retreating as fast as I can.

Jill

The surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us.
- Bill Watterson (Calvin and Hobbes)