Subject: Re: Phil Martin
From: Hrant H Papazian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:51:19 -0800

From:    John Weiss
> My understanding is that 'h' in some Slav languages stands
> in for 'g' in others - for example 'hrad' in Czech v. 'grad'
> in Slovene and Serbian, so perhaps Hrant is really a Grant

It gets worse. In Eastern Armenian pronunciation my
name ends in a "d", and the Russian influence causes
the "h" to indeed become a "g". And when you add that
to the fact that "Papaz" means priest, of course you
get "Grand Priestly"...

From:    Adam Twardoch
> I think now is the right time for me to say goodbye.

A sad goodbye, then, Adam. Typo-L was my first list
too (of any kind), and my participation here has been
a key catalys for me, both in terms of education and
self-promotion. That's probably why I can't entertain
the idea of leaving - loyalty.

--

I don't think Phil should be expelled based on the
offtopicness of his posts - to me the onus is indeed

hhp