Subject: the list as a tribe...
From: Rafael Iskin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:07:39 -0300

I'm rather new to the type world and to this list from
which I have learnt a lot in the last four years.

If I didn't contribute more it was simply for the lack
of knowledge and not of interest, but facing those sad
times I would like to say something to my peers
(not in knowledge, but in the love of type).

A single person isn't really able to jeopardize the whole
community, and it is obvious that this "Phil incident"
only points to the problems the list has been facing for
some time, like the lack of interesting discussion,
passion, etc.

Yes the list is immature and all, and yes if it dies people
will gather someplace else, but then all the good things it
has achieved will be lost because the knowledge of the most
experienced members wont be passed to newcomers, less people
will learn about type, and type itself (which you love)
will loose.

I have learnt a lot from Julie, Kent, Adam, and many others
that are missing from some time now (like Bill Troop), and
I want to ask everybody to stay, because even if the list
isn't very interesting now, it can be, with your help.

Lets do something about it.
All I can do at the moment is write this message,
so here it is.

Sincerely,

Rafael