Subject: Optima bold in the movie "The Passion"?
From: Xtian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:06:49 -0400

> What about the use of Optima bold in the movie "The Passion"?

I have strong visual connections with Optima and either the early seventies
or American Express Platinum cards. Neither bring to mind the brutal slaying
of a pacifist a couple of milenia ago.

To be fair, what font/fonts would?

>It is a super face with an italian root,

I'm not sure how specific a root you mean, having been designed by a German.
But either way, how large a role should an Italianate quality play? The
Romans were certainly an occupying force from a distant imperial power
(please do not see any analogies to modern times), but the centrality of
Rome to the Catholic interpretation of Jesus' plan is centuries away.