Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Removing eukaryotic contaminants
From: Dale Casamatta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:04:59 -0500

Hello everyone,
We are trying to culture some cyanobacteria, but have been
running into many problems from the proliferation of fungal
and green algal contaminants.  We just noticed that Sigma
once again carries Cyclohexide for the inhibition of
eukaryotes, but we have no idea what concentration to use
(and don't want to kill ourselves).

As such, any help from the culturing community would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Dale Casamatta

Biology Department
John Carroll University
University Heights, Ohio 44118

--
This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing http://listserv.heanet.ie. If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l