Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Chlorophyll Determinations
From: Mike Hein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:11:05 -0500

Several weeks ago I posted the following message to Diatom-L and Algae-L.
Several people have asked for the responses which I am including following
the message (minus responses simply asking for the responses). Bottom lines:
1. Seems to be a consensus that determining chlorophyll levels on formalin
preserved samples is not a good idea.
2. Except for the paper by Dell'Anno, et al. there seems to be little actual
data to support a conclusion.
3. Our client goofed and actually wanted phytoplankton counts done on all
the samples - not chlorophyll as indicated on the bottles.