Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: Colin Mark's Gaelic - English Dictionary
From: Reamonn MacIllenamhaoil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Nov 2003 14:17:23 +0000

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 11:40:27 -0800, Deborah White <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> De tha e a' cosg an drasda?
>>
>> I may buy it when it hits the bargain basement...
>
>What a gracious comment, Ray. :-) Why don't you buy it now at 28.95 and
>enjoy it?

I was referring to the old hardback price... which was over three times the
price I'd be willing to pay for such a book. Just to remind everyone. As
Ronnie Black wrote in his Scotsman review...

"Chuir cuibhl an fhortain car, agus thachair e a-rithist. D bhliadhna as
didh don fhaclaire Gidhlig-Beurla aig Aonghas MacBhtair nochdadh (20),
seo Colin Mark, The Gaelic-English Dictionary (Routledge, 125). Sin a
thuirt mi, 125. Aig a phrs sin tha cir aige bhith mr agus math. Tha e
mr gun teagamh, faisg air ochd ceud duilleag - ach tha crr agus mle aig
Dwelly, a gheibh thu air 20 cuideachd."

125 pounds... Sin a thubhairt e! Very affordable...

I think I said earlier that I'd already seen it in proof stages years ago,
so I have a vague idea of what it's like. Now it's round about 30 pounds
instead of the best part of a hundred and thirty... it's just about in my
price range!

Want to signoff for a while?
Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to [log in to unmask]