Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Pronunciation question
From: Kevin Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:36:30 +1100

Looking ahead in TYG, I came on the pronunciation of -adh as 'agh'.  I came
across a guide somewhere some time ago that said -adh was pronounced as -.
As that is true also in northern Irish, I assumed it was correct.  Is there
similar variety in Gaelic as in Irish [-a, -amh, -ag, -ach, -], or did I
just misunderstand [misremember?]?  I am fascinated with dialect
differences, so I don't mind how long or detailed the reply is :)

Kevin riley

Want to signoff for a while?
Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to [log in to unmask]