Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: zoospore release in Laminaria japonica
From: Britta Schaffelke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:30:00 +1000

Dear All,

I have problems finding information and references on zoospore release rates in Laminaria japonica.
There are a number of publications on sorus formation, development of early sporophyte stages, etc.
However, I haven't been able to find anything on zoospore release of this species...

I am looking for data (and references) on:

-number of zoospores released per unit sorus area and time, e.g.: xy zoospores cm-2 h-1
-number of zoospores released per whole sporophyte
-number of sporangia per unit sorus area.

Your help is much appreciated!

Dr Britta Schaffelke
CRC Reef Research Centre
Manager Knowledge Exchange & Education

PO Box 772
Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
ph.  (++61) 07 47298405
fax   (++61) 07 47298499

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at