Subject: Re: Accent on typing
From: Ron Koster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:47:27 -0400

At 12:34 PM 16/10/2003 -0400, Michael Brady wrote:
>How easy or cumbersome is it to type in a language that uses accented
>characters frequently (e.g., almost every European language)?

Here in Canada, in addition to the "regular" keyboard, there's also a
French-Canadian keyboard. This site...

         http://www3.uakron.edu/modlang/french/keyboard.html

...has a pic of what it looks like (scroll down). As you can probably
imagine, for folks who aren't used to it, it can be quite confusing (and
frustrating)!

The Microsoft site also has a more interactive version of the same keyboard
layout...

         http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/keyboards/kbdca.htm

...(hold your cursor over the "Caps" and "Shift" keys for comparison, and
also over the "AltGr" key in particular).

My understanding is that Italian folks have something similar (but
different) -- are there keyboards specifically for German, Spanish, etc., too?

Ron :?

Psymon Web Bindery -> http://www.Psymon.com
...presents...
Leni's Rising Star -> http://www.Riefenstahl.org