Help for OLD-IRISH-L Archives

OLD-IRISH-L Archives

Subject: Re: Guthard
From: Christopher Gwinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:19:26 -0400

> (there is one stone in Tara which shouts to designate the next king of
Ireland, if I
> remember well, but Dennis or Chris know more than me on this...)

The Lia Fail immediately jumps to mind - tied in with a number of Irish
sovereignty tales - the stone screamed when a future king stepped on it. We
also discussed another speaking stone on the list before - if you search the
archives for "Cermand Cestach" or "Clogher" you will find the threads.

- Chris Gwinn