Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: A review from the bridge
From: Jim Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:45:49 +0100

>And I bet if you took an ad out in ANY magazine or
> news paper you'd expect a review....

Sean and all... but mainly Sean,
You replied to a question I didn't ask.  I have heard that a pre-requisite
of having an album reviewed in IMM was that an ad had to be taken out with
them.  I have no set agenda on this; would just like clarification.  Will be
pleased to hear that it is an urbane legend.
All reviews should be positive; it does no favours to either the performer
or the music in general to describe crap (or even indifferent) as good -
they go on performing crap and crap becomes the accepted norm (wasn't he in
"Cheers"?).
Best,
Jim Carroll