Subject: Re: Scrambled text heads up post (off topic!)
From: Theresa Mesa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:42:51 -0700

See, I had some problems reading it, because I often do read every
letter (and lest one thinks that slows me down, the last I was checked,
I read at 750 wpm with 100% comprehension). Some words--especially the
shortest words--I read as units, but others, not so much. I was taught
phonics by the nuns in Catholic school, not by any Evelyn whutsername's
reading method. And I taught my daughter to read by the same methods
when she was 4 years old.

I'd love to know the specifics of the research and how the study was
designed to see if this was even a legitimate study, or did someone
just say it was a study, the research was done, and that was supposed
to suffice? Were the results replicated elsewhere, or even replicable
in the first place?

Sorry, but I've copyedited too many lay medical books--had to keep my
eye out for this sort of thing. And I couldn't immediately decode some
of the words below.

Theresa Mesa
MesaDesign
If you find any typos, I meant for them to be there. I'm keeping you
alert. You can thank me later.