Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Song origins
From: Bob Lusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:22:55 -0400

I'm sure it's been asked a million times on this list - would someone
please point me in the right direction to an archive or web site for
historical information on "Danny Boy".  Who wrote it?, was it written by a
man for a man, woman for a man?  Were there words to Londonderry Air before

Also, while I'm asking, I've been told that "Amazing Grace" was origionally
an Irish drinking song.  If true, are there words - in English or Irish?

Slán go fóil,