Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: AFA - Australian Freshwater Algae (Website)
From: Tim Entwisle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:26:46 +1000

AFA - AUSTRALIAN FRESHWATER ALGAE
***New website, including interactive key and pictorial key to 235
genera of freshwater algae in Australia***

If you are interested in freshwater algae, or think you could become
so, take a look at our new webpages…
http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au/information_about_plants/botanical_info/australian_freshwater_algae2,
or if that URL is too daunting, start with www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au, and
work your way down through: Information about Plants > Botanical
Information > Australian Freshwater Algae.

The interactive key to 235 genera of freshwater algae in Australia
(ALGKEY) was funded by the NSW Community Access for Natural Resources
Information program. This INTKEY (DELTA) product is our first attempt at
keying out most of the genera we think people will find in Australia. We
welcome feedback and of course corrections (we know already there are
some mistakes in our scoring).

The pictorial key (ALGPIC) should be fun to browse and for many users
may be more appealing than the interactive key.

The AFA pages link to our existing Census of Freshwater Algae in
Australia. Unfortunately we have been unable to update this for a number
of years. However I am still accumulating literature and hope to bring
it up-to-date as soon as I can. If you publish a new record of
freshwater algae from Australia, do let me know.

While I will take ongoing responsibility for the key (and for any
errors), Nick Yee was the principle editor and creator of ALGKEY, Penny
Farrant formatted most of the webpages, and Matt Whittington designed
the banner and some of the layout.

Tim Entwisle ([log in to unmask])

Dr Tim Entwisle, Director Plant Sciences, Royal Botanic Gardens and
Domain Trust, Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. phone:
+61-2-9231 8113. mobile: 0419 600 449. fax: +61-2-9251 4403. email:
[log in to unmask] website: www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au.

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the
Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust.

--
This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing http://listserv.heanet.ie. If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l