Help for AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT Archives

AFRIK-IT@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

AFRIK-IT Home

AFRIK-IT  August 2003

AFRIK-IT August 2003

Fwd: Last call for expert nominations: World Summit Awards

Don Osborn <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:15:56 -0000

FYI- note African countries not yet represented...

--- In [log in to unmask], Andy Carvin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've spoken with the coordinators of the World Summit Awards, and
they've supplied me with PDF files summarizing the awards that are
accessible via online PDF-to-HTML converters. (Previous versions of
the documents were locked and totally inaccessible.) This will allow
people who can't access PDF files because of low bandwidth or visual
impairments to put them in a converter and read the text. The files
are available in English, French and Spanish.

http://www.benton.org/publibrary/wsis/WSA_expert_eng.pdf
http://www.benton.org/publibrary/wsis/WSA_expert_fr.pdf
http://www.benton.org/publibrary/wsis/WSA_expert_esp.pdf

If you are unable to open the PDF, you can go to
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/access_simple_form.html and
submit the PDF file's URL in the form.

Below is a list of countries that as of today have not received any
expert nominations, so if you are from any of these countries, I'd
strongly encourage you to apply by visiting
http://www.europrix.org/wsis-award/content/register.htm. Experts
selected will serve as judges for their country in the competition.
Nominations are due August 24. For more information, please contact
Anastasia Konstantinova [[log in to unmask]].

1. ARAB REGION/MIDDLE EAST:

AFGHANISTAN
BRUNEI DARUSSALAM
CYPRUS (THE REPUBLIC OF)
SYRIAN ARAB REPUBLIC
IRAQ
KUWAIT
LEBANON
LIBYA
OMAN
QATAR
SAUDI ARABIA
SYRIA
YEMEN REPUBLIC

2. LATIN/SOUTH AMERICA

BAHAMAS
BARBADOS
DOMINICA
GRENADA
JAMAICA
ST. KITTS AND NEVIS
ST. LUCIA
ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES
TRINIDAD & TOBAGO
BELIZE
HONDURAS
PARAGUAY
NICARAGUA
GUYANA
SURINAME
URUGUAY

3. AFRICA

ANGOLA
BURUNDI
CAPE VERDE
CENTRAL AFRICAN REP.
COMOROS CONGO (BRAZZAVILLE)
CONGO (DRC, ZAIRE)
EQUATORIAL GUINEA
ERITREA
GUINEA-BISSAAU
LESOTHO
LIBERIA
LIBYA
MADAGASCAR
MOZAMBIQUE
NAMIBIA
RWANDA
SAO TOME & PRINCIPE
SEYCHELLES
SIERRA LEONE
SOMALIA
ZAMBIA
ZIMBABWE

4. NORTH AND SOUTH ASIA

CAMBODIA
JAPAN
KOREA (THE DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF)
KOREA (THE REPUBLIC OF)
LAOS (THE LAO PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC)
MALDIVES
MYANMAR (BURMA)
PHILIPPINES
SRI LANKA
VIETNAM

5. EUROPE

ANDORRA
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
LATVIA
LIECHTENSTEIN
THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA
MONACO
SAN-MARINO
6. COMMONWEALTH OF  INDEPENDENT STATES (FORMER USSR)
AZERBAIJAN
BELARUS
KAZAKHSTAN
KYRGYZSTAN