Subject: Re: Crinan or Albanach & Grimus
From: Le Bateman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:14:18 -0500

Thank you
----- Original Message -----
From: "claudia mona striewe" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 2:38 AM

Hi there,
"Alba" is in Scottish Gaelic the name for the country or kingdom of
Scotland, "Albannach" is a Scotsman.
In case I understand it correctly, your ancestor might have been called, or
might have named himself like that simply because he was a Scotsman.
Sorry, no idea about the other two names at the moment.
Mona

>   Can anyone tell me the origin of the name Albanach is it Dalriada Irish.
> have an ancestor that went by this name also the name Crinan and Grimus.
Was