XML-L May 2003

Re: Text as Tagname

Pierre Dostie <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 28 May 2003 10:09:22 +0200

Thanks a lot. By the way, I'm canadian too. I used to live in Montreal but
currently in Paris for two or three years. I'm a SAS programmer an I try to
learn XML because SAS will use more and more XML data in their future
version. I really appreciated your help and if you have any question
regarding SAS, maybe I can help.

Thanks again

Pierre Dostie

>From: "G. Ken Holman" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Text as Tagname
>Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:02:49 -0400
>
>At 2003-05-27 19:10 +0100, Pierre Dostie wrote:
>>I'm new to XML and need some help. I'm trying to build an XML file
>>based on another XML file. I know I should use XSLT and Xpath
>
>Yes, this is a straightforward solution in XSLT and XPath.  If you can make
>it from Europe to Ottawa next month (airport code YOW; direct flights from
>Heathrow) we are running a hands-on course that has been very well received
>by both beginners and practitioners.
>
>>I want the text from the first ROW element to become element in the output
>>file and the next ROW element as value of those element.
>
>Then you can assume the number of cells in each row matches the cells in
>the first row, and then use the position() function when processing other
>rows' cells to index into the cells of the first row for the element's
>name.
>
>A working solution is below.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>......................... Ken
>

>t:\ftemp>type pierre.xml
><Test>
>  <Row>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">PANEL</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">VAR1</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">VAR2</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">VAR3</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">DATE1</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell StyleID="s26">
>    <Data Type="String">DATE2</Data>
>   </Cell>
>  </Row>
>  <Row>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">AEV</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">STT1D</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">STT1M</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">STT1Y</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">AEVSTT1D</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">AEVSTT1O</Data>
>   </Cell>
>  </Row>
>  <Row>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">AEV</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
>    <Data Type="String">END1D</Data>
>   </Cell>
>   <Cell>
> [...]

Pro ou perso, toutes les adresses et numéros de tél que vous cherchez
http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9491