Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: K[m] values for NH4+ uptake transporters
From: Thomas Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:44:50 -0400

I'm looking for any papers regarding the ranges of NH4+ transporter Km
values for various species of Freshwater algae.
Also, any genes that encode for uptake.

I have found some work being done on Chlamydomonas suggesting at least two
high affinity systems. Some values found thus far: 10 to 70 uM. Some plant
genes that encode have been found but I am curious if other species of algae
have been studied regarding kinetics of uptake of NH4+ vs N03- or similar
studies. Particularly those regarding Km values for each species studied and
spore formation/recruitment/bloom potential under different N sources.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Tom Barr UF

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text. If you have further difficulty please contact Mike Guiry. More information and an archive of messages since1995 can be found at
http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l