Help for UILLEANN Archives

UILLEANN Archives

Subject: Re: Regulators: What to do?
From: "Jonathan T. Hohl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:28:07 -0500

Mike,

Something that a brilliant piper told me not too long ago was to think of
the chanter; that often, people play a tune and then think about which
regulator keys to play with the tune, or song-tune.  While this may be a
beginning step, you will want to move in a direction which would enable the
regulator-playing to be effortless and a non-thinking matter.  While there's
a lot to do on the regulators, it doesn't compare to the amount you can do
on the chanter.  Put your thoughts and your *juice* into the chanter and, at
some point, be able to have the regulator playing be almost second nature.

That's what I think I heard from said piper.

Jonathan Hohl